Friday, June 22, 2007

Welcome Jackson!!!!


I'm so excited to announce the birth of our baby boy Jackson Matthew at 8:00 pm June 20, 2007. 8 pounds 2 oz. and 22 inches long. We along with everyone else is so excited about the arrival of him! Let me start off be saying thank you to everyone who has been keeping us in your thoughts and prayers! Thank you to all the visitors who stopped by to share in the wonderful occasion. Thank you to Alicia for updating everyone on our progress. So Weds. morning I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was 141 over 88. Which they don't like it to be 140 over 90. And my doctor said let's go ahead over to the hospital, there is really no need to hold off. It took her 5 times to tell me until I finally believed her. So we went over a little bit after 11 am and they started a so drip about noon. About 1:20 she came over and broke my water. 6 clock they gave me my Epidural and then it all came so quickly. By 6:30 they had me push a little bit because his heart rate drop into the 80's which it had been in the 140's-150's but it quickly jump right back up. At 7:00 I started pushing and at 8:00pm he arrived. His umbilical cord got wrapped around his arm and was pushed up around his neck. So that is why his heart rate had dropped. But everything is great. He is healthy and I'm doing better than I thought I would. We are just so excited to finally see him. Everyone seems to think that he has Matt's eyes, chin and facial expressions. He has my nose and lips. But as I said before he is so stinkin' cute!! This has got to the best feeling in the world. Matt is doing an excellent job of being a father and husband. He hasn't left his side for one second. And he hasn't left my side for one second. I couldn't imagine going through this with anyone else. Matt I'm so proud of what you have done and become. I love you and Jackson more than anything. The best feeling in the world is to carry a child for 9 months and bring him into this world with someone you love! We returned home on Friday morning with both doctors giving us the big ok. In a few days you will be able to see his pictures at the Clark Memorial (http://www.clarkmemorial.org/). But hopefully you will enjoy the slide show I made. More pictures to come!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Tibbs World said...

What a cutie!!! You probably won't believe me, but you will love him more and more with each passing day. Motherhood is such a blessing.